1. Avoid driving while you’re fatigued. Getting the proper amount of rest before taking on winter weather tasks reduces driving risks.
2. Never warm up a vehicle in an enclosed area, such as a garage.
3. Make certain your tires are properly inflated.
4. Never mix radial tires with other tire types.
5. Keep your gas tank at least half full to avoid gas line freeze-up.
6. If possible, avoid using your parking brake in cold, rainy and snowy weather.
7. Do not use cruise control when driving on any slippery surface (wet, ice, sand).
8. Always look and steer where you want to go.
9. Use your seat belt every time you get into your vehicle.